My neighbors must be shaking their heads in wonder. Our local police, fire and ambulance are kept VERY busy with the goings on at our house as of late. And wait until you hear about our most recent brush with the authorities!
The other night we were gearing up for bedtime and Cole and I were in the bathroom getting ready for bath time when I noticed Tommy wasn't with me. "Tommy...where are you?!?" With that...our home's security system starts blaring with an alarm. I jumped up...ran to the panel and immediately punched in our code and it silenced...but there was a strange code on the screen. Hmmm...what does "99" mean?
Moments later, Kevin walked upstairs with Tommy in tow. His head was hung low...guilt written all over his face. I explained to him how serious it was that he had touched our alarm and that we could get in trouble with the police if we sent "false alarms". I was hoping that he would be too afraid to do it again. He wasn't looking too impressed...and then...the police arrived.
Want to know what a code "99" means? It means we are being "held up" and it automatically called the police department. Kevin went outside to greet the officer and he was thoroughly questioned. The officer wasn't fully believing the story and asked to come inside. Tommy...watching this all through the window...screamed. "I don't want to go to jail!!!" And immediately climbed up my body and started to cry. We made our way downstairs where the officer took one look at Tommy's death grip on me and realized we were safe and it had truly been a mistake.
He explained to Tommy that he could never do that again...and a woeful little boy nodded his head. The officer then went out to his cruiser and returned with two police badges for the boys before wishing us a good night. Poor Tommy was still sad at bedtime...clearly an event he wouldn't soon forget.
His brother, on the other hand, clearly wasn't as affected. Cole *actually* said to me..."Mommy? So if I push the button will we get more badges?!?" Oy vey!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment