Both boys awoke with pretty bad colds yesterday, so we've been housebound all weekend. This morning they were starting to get a little stir-crazy, so I set them up with an art project then used that opportunity to run upstairs and jump in the shower.
Moments later, Cole burst into the bathroom. "MOMMY!!! Tommy making a BIG mess and water is everywhere." In my stern voice I warned, "There better not be! You tell Tommy mommy is on her way downstairs and he is in trouble." Cole hesitated...looked at me...then ran downstairs.
Within a few minutes, I had rinsed off the soap, grabbed a towel and made my way downstairs. As I turned the corner into the kitchen, the bathroom door slammed shut and I heard whispers. "What is going on down here?" I inquired. "Nuffin Mommy!" Tommy replied through the closed door as I heard a toilet flush. When I opened the door, both boys were standing innocently beside the toilet. "Mommy, I have to go the bathroom." Cole informed me.
At first glance all appeared normal...but with closer inspection I noticed smears of paint around the sink along with globs of wet toilet paper here and there on the floor and sink. The toilet paper roll had wet fingerprints and the floor was still glistening from being wet. "It's okay Mommy." Tommy said. "Everything is all fine."
That was enough for me. I didn't even question them further and praised them for being so good. Will I ever know what really happened in there? No. Do I need to? No. Am I proud of them? IMMENSELY!!! They worked together quickly to fix the mess and I could never fault that. It was their first great cover-up. And it deserves to be documented!!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment