Welcome to Cole and Tommy's Blog! We'll be posting current photos, videos and updates here so you can watch them grow right along with us. Be sure to check back frequently... and feel free to post comments and feedback.

Enjoy!


Sunday, February 6, 2011

Busted out of NICU!!!

The former NICU diggs...

Grant is out of NICU!!!  We are SO happy...  Late last night he was brought down to the regular nursery and the nurses (knowing how desperate I was to have him in my arms again) brought him to our room right away.  He was so cute - eyes open, checking everything out, smiling and cooing.  He was so content!  After polishing off 2 ounces in less than 10 minutes (!!) went right to sleep.  Today the doctor said that he is eating so well that we can actually offer him more.  So we'll be upping the amount.  He's also already back up to his birth weight, so we can postpone that first doctor's visit by a few days.  Overall, she said he is one healthy little boy!  Such great news...

Here is a picture from last night when he and I were cuddling.  He is just so sweet!  I was certain that he was going to be the spitting image of his brothers, but he is actually very different!  I need to dig out my baby photos to see if there is some resemblance.  I am just so excited that he has dark hair like mommy.  I hope it sticks around!


My aunt Judy pointed out the ultrasound picture from earlier in the pregnancy and when we looked we were pretty impressed!!  It's amazing!  Here is that picture compared to how he looks today.




We'll have more photos soon!  Now that things are settling down, we'll have more opportunities for photos, cuddles and fun.  I can't wait to bring our bundle home!!


1 comment:

Mary Ellen said...

It is truly amazing that you can chronicle his journey from womb to NICU to room and soon home! He is a very pretty baby. You know those eyes will be green soon! Or at least hazel.
Please keep the pictures coming. My family loves it.
P.S. Our niece, Bethany, was born on Friday. Match.com here we come!!