Welcome to Cole and Tommy's Blog! We'll be posting current photos, videos and updates here so you can watch them grow right along with us. Be sure to check back frequently... and feel free to post comments and feedback.

Enjoy!


Friday, January 21, 2011

Three-year stats!

Yesterday we had our three-year check-up.  I know, I know...a *little* late.  But better late than never!  I always dreaded doctor's appointments as the boys would resist everything.  They'd cry, scream at shots and I would leave a drained, sweaty emotional mess.  The boys I sat with yesterday were like completely different little kids.  I can't tell you how I marveled at the change in them.  They had no memories of the doctor's at all, so it was like starting all over.

Tommy led the way with everything so Cole could observe.  They know each other so well...  He would report back.  "This tickles!"  Or "It's okay."  Can you imagine?  Their own little system.  Cole (my doctor in training) had questions about every tool and his face lit up when he saw each item in action.  It was so cute.  They had blood drawn, two shots and both acted like champs.  The nurses kept saying how good the boys were and the doctor actually told them they could each have 2 lollipops for being such superstars.  And as I was leaving, she tapped me on the shoulder and said, "you really are lucky to have such well behaved boys."  I was so proud!

They got stickers for the blood test.  They both smacked them on their foreheads and thought it was SO funny.  All you could hear from our exam room was fits of giggles.  My little hams!


I don't think I'll ever forget the image of the two of them sitting there waiting for the doctor to come in.  Cole in his superhero boxers and Tommy in his army man underwear....legs hanging over the edge kicking away in the same manner...same facial expression.  They were SO identical to me at that moment.  Here is a picture of them when we were waiting for our shots.


So here are their 3-year stats.  Again...they are pretty much exactly the same with only the slightest differences.  Amazing.  They are super healthy and very tall for their age (89th percentile for weight and 94th percentile for height).  In fact, I just learned that they already meet the height requirement for most Disney rides.  YAY!

Cole - 36.25 pounds and 40 7/8 inches tall
Tommy - 36.75 pounds and 40 1/8 inches tall

It was such a great visit.  This mommy needed a little break after all the insanity around here as of late!

1 comment:

Mary Ellen said...

Such grown up little guys!!!