Welcome to Cole and Tommy's Blog! We'll be posting current photos, videos and updates here so you can watch them grow right along with us. Be sure to check back frequently... and feel free to post comments and feedback.

Enjoy!


Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Mark the date...

Tonight at bedtime, the boys were allowed to bring a few matchbox trucks into bed with the understanding that they would be taken away when it was time for lights out.  A few moments ago, I walked in, took their trucks away and shut off the lights.  This was not without any drama though.  They both protested and Cole started crying and carrying on like it was the end of the world.  I told him to stop crying...it was very late (almost 9pm)...and I'd see them both in the morning.  

As I was about to shut the door, Cole informed me that I would NOT see him in the morning because he was going to be gone.  "Where are you going?"  I asked.  He informed me that he was going to "run away."  Shocked, I stood there for a second, then calmly replied that he wouldn't need his 'blankie' if he was leaving.  As I walked over to retrieve it from his bed, he quickly changed his mind.  "No, no, no!  I'm staying."  

CAN YOU IMAGINE?!?  The child is THREE!!!  

When I shared the story with Kevin, he told me to mark the date.  "That is the first run away threat of likely 3,000 over the next 17 years."  I think I feel some new gray hairs sprouting... 

2 comments:

Mary Ellen said...

Quick thinking, Mommy! Always offer to pack for them and while you're packing point out what they CAN'T take with them. Changes their mind every time! Good, job (we don't hear that often do we?)!!

shauna said...

HAHA..i just LOL'd!! They are so funny, smart but funny.