Welcome to Cole and Tommy's Blog! We'll be posting current photos, videos and updates here so you can watch them grow right along with us. Be sure to check back frequently... and feel free to post comments and feedback.

Enjoy!


Monday, March 7, 2011

Shhh....it's a SECRET!

A few days ago, Tommy decided that we should spend our morning building a "secret machine".  I asked him what that was and he went on to give me all sorts of explanations.  Basically, it is a machine that you put your secrets inside of and it locks them up.  Cole added that even the machine itself is a secret!

Hmmm...a bit of a fuzzy explanation, but to their budding imaginations, it made complete sense.  We went out to the garage and selected a box, pulled out our paints and went to work.  It was during our decorating that the boys decided that we needed to have a "Secret Party" to unveil our machine.  They chatted as we were working about who we would invite...what colors the balloons would be, etc.  As I listened to them, I thought...why not let them do it?   So the ball was set in motion for the boys to host their very first party -- a "Secret Party".

We worked on a special video invite (specific details edited from this video for privacy reasons):



Went to the party store and got special colored balloons and secret presents for everyone.  Decided on a menu: American Chop Suey with homemade banana cake for dessert.  Then decorated the table according to their instructions.  Everyone had to bring a "secret" to place inside the machine.

The "Secret Machine"  
Lever on left turned it on and off.  Lever on right made it go fast or slow.  Secrets were slid into the opening in the middle.

The table with the machine revealed.
The dramatic napkin cover up...keeping things suspenseful for guests.  

The dinner party was a big success!!  The boys were so proud of everything and it went off without a hitch.  They even revealed secrets at dinner!  Tommy's secret was that the party was *actually* a Thomas the Tank Engine party and everyone lifted their plates to find Thomas napkins.  Cole's secret was that it was actually a Scooby-Doo party and everyone lifted their party hats to find Scooby-Doo blowers.  Confusing I know...but it made SO much sense to the boys.  :)  Our little revelers were so exhausted by the end of dinner that they actually fell asleep before dessert was served.  A job well done.

Tommy has asked me repeatedly if we can plan parties for other people now.  Oy!  I think I've created a monster!  lol  But clearly the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree.  ;)

1 comment:

shauna said...

I LOVE IT! LOVE IT!!! I need a secret machine..can they be ordered?? They are so cute, such imaginations! What an amazing mom you, they are lucky boys. xoxo