Welcome to Cole and Tommy's Blog! We'll be posting current photos, videos and updates here so you can watch them grow right along with us. Be sure to check back frequently... and feel free to post comments and feedback.
Enjoy!
Wednesday, September 1, 2010
In search of a "swagger-wagon"
Well it's about to happen. The kids are soon going to outnumber us. Time to re-group and prepare for battle. First up? Car wars!! Loading the boys in and out of the SUV gets a bit tiring. I have to keep two (almost) three-year olds close at hand while opening doors, juggling purchases, buckling them up and making sure no one bolts in the process. Adding a baby to the mix? Ack!!
The first time I saw my friend magically press a button to her minivan and her two side doors slid open - I fell in love. Her kids ambled inside while we chatted...her tailgate popped open with the push of a button and she tossed bags inside. So much room to lean in and buckle belts....it was like mommy nirvana!!! I knew then that I would be joining the ranks of soccer moms all over the country. When you have multiple kids...sensible takes over "sass" any day of the week. And so our minivan hunt has begun...
I was convinced that the car for us was the Toyota Sienna. Kevin urged me to look at Odysseys, but I thought I knew better. The Toyota has AWD!! We need that in the snow! Look at the leather interior? It's so plush!!! But after test-driving both cars...the Honda won out. Not only did it have leather seats, a nav system and built-in DVD, but it was really fun to drive. All of the features were really designed with the family in mind. From the center console that folds flat so I can easily pop into the back seat for a feeding or to break up a fight, to the DVD system with a pop out remote so I can control DVD watching from the front...or when they get older...they can control it without bothering me. Brilliant.
We've narrowed down our color choices thanks in part to the boys. Tommy would like fire engine red (Honda called it Dark Cherry Pearl...its actually pretty) and Cole would like "big truck" silver. A dark gray that apparently reminds him of trucks. As for me...I'm just patiently awaiting my own "mommy nirvana" moment, when I can hold that key remote...press the button and watch the magic unfold in front of my eyes. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment