Welcome to Cole and Tommy's Blog! We'll be posting current photos, videos and updates here so you can watch them grow right along with us. Be sure to check back frequently... and feel free to post comments and feedback.

Enjoy!


Friday, June 4, 2010

Mr. Smarty Pants

Yesterday, I took Tommy to the elementary school for screening as we're considering sending the boys to pre-school in the fall.  Seeing that they won't be turning three until October, the school system wanted to conduct some testing on the boys.  We've had a series of tests so far, but our big test yesterday was all about speech and cognitive development.

Tommy blew my socks off.  He was testing in most areas at cognitive level of a 4 1/2 year old...and in some areas at a 5-year old level!  After asking him one question and having him answer it correctly, the woman conducting the test looked at me and said, "I have never had a child this age answer this question correctly before.  He is a smart little boy!"

He aced everything and understood ideas/concepts that were advanced for his age.  We're actually going back next week so she can work with him some more.  I'm not saying his is a genius...but it was so reassuring as a parent to see him excel in his testing.  He is our little smarty pants!!

Cole's test is next week.  I'm curious to see if the results are similar.

No comments: