Welcome to Cole and Tommy's Blog! We'll be posting current photos, videos and updates here so you can watch them grow right along with us. Be sure to check back frequently... and feel free to post comments and feedback.

Enjoy!


Saturday, May 22, 2010

The Start of SUMMER!

The pool is open, the sun is shining and the easels are back for the season - the boys couldn't be happier!  Yesterday, we washed all of our paint pots and re-filled them, then made our way into "Kid Town" for a little creative painting.  It was cute watching them standing there, quietly selecting their colors and swirling it onto the paper.  

As I watched them, I was remembering last summer, when I had to stand beside them while they painted.  It was all I could do to prevent them from smearing paint on their faces, or running off with the brush and painting graffiti on the side of the house.  :)  Last year, our painting activities lasted 15 minutes at the max.  I can see how much they've grown.  

Yesterday, they spent a good chunk of time painting.  Sometimes, stopping to take a quick run down the slide before returning to their picture.  Calling out to me as I worked in the garden, "Mom!  Come look at what I did!"  My sweet little artists.  Summer is here at last!!!

2 comments:

Mary Ellen said...

Reminds me of Picasso's "Blue Period". They seem to have a gift.

shauna said...

I agree, you should have them framed..definitely masterpieces!