Welcome to Cole and Tommy's Blog! We'll be posting current photos, videos and updates here so you can watch them grow right along with us. Be sure to check back frequently... and feel free to post comments and feedback.

Enjoy!


Friday, February 26, 2010

My big boys...

Recently, we surprised the boys with bean bag chairs. Needless to say, they LOVE them. They are crashing into them, climbing them, driving their trucks in and out of all the grooves and of course - chilling out in them. Yesterday, they were both tired...so I popped on a movie and they snuggled in their new favorite hang-outs. Here are some photos...





We're almost done with their new "big boy" room. I scored an amazing 8x10 Pottery Barn rug on Craigslist (the thing is practically brand new) for only $50. Love a great deal! It needed a rug pad, so today the boys and I hit Target. On our way home, we drove by a construction site. Tommy shouted, "Mom! Look! An ENORMOUS DIGGER!" Huh? Where on earth did this child learn the word enormous? The random things they are saying lately totally cracks me up. Not to mention how MUCH they are saying! As we were getting dressed this morning, Cole called out to his brother, "Tommy, I be right there. Getting dressed!"

This stage of development is pretty incredible to witness. Everyday, they wake up saying and understanding more. But all of a sudden...I want it to come to a screeching halt. Yesterday, while I was cuddling with Cole it just hit me. Soon their toddler babble will be replaced with real conversations. I won't always be able to kiss their faces 100 times a day like I do now. Someday, my afternoon full of cuddles and hugs will be limited and I'll think back on these days with yearning.

So, instead of focusing on the terrible part of the twos, I am going to try and refocus on the magical parts. The big hug and kiss Tommy gives me every night once he gets into his PJ's. Cole asking me to sit beside him and "snuggle." Their constant need for "Mommy" to be right beside them playing and listening. These moments are fleeting and I'm beginning to realize that. My little peanuts are growing up.

No comments: