Welcome to Cole and Tommy's Blog! We'll be posting current photos, videos and updates here so you can watch them grow right along with us. Be sure to check back frequently... and feel free to post comments and feedback.

Enjoy!


Monday, November 2, 2009

Swine Flu Halloween

Well we had a pretty miserable week here. First, my computer (just over a year old) had a complete melt down and I lost a lot of stuff. No fun. Then we all came down with swine flu! Just not our week...

The boys were scheduled to get their H1N1 shots last Friday. On Wednesday, I started getting sick. I tried to keep away from the boys and assumed it was just a cold, but it kept getting worse. When Friday rolled around, Kevin took the boys to get their shots and Tommy couldn't get it as he had a fever of 103, but Cole was able to get his. In the end, it didn't even matter. The shots take two weeks to take effect and we were all sick - including Cole - within a few days. I went to the doctor and they said it was the H1N1 flu. Then the boys went to the pedi and got the same diagnosis.

I was first...Tommy second (he ended up in the hospital Wednesday night getting a chest x-ray due to his wheezing which scared the crap out of me), then Cole and Kevin. They put Cole on that Tamiflu stuff and it seems to be working. He is MUCH better today than he was yesterday. Overall? It was pretty miserable! It lasted about a week total. The coughing and chest congestion was just the worst. Fevers were on average around 102. Really nothing you could do to help the kids, you know?

We're all on the mend this week. I can't believe...after ALL my worrying...that we got it!!!! I was being a maniac about hand sanitizing and stuff. At least we've got it behind us now. I'm still going to complete the vaccination for both boys just so I'm SURE we're 100% immune. But according to all sources, once you've gotten it...you're done.

Here are some pictures of the boys from Halloween. You can see that Tommy is feeling better and Cole looks miserable. Poor baby...


Tommy, Cole


Tommy, Cole


Tommy
Poor Cole - Feeling crummy....

1 comment:

shauna said...

Kerry, the look so stinkin cute in there costumes..so sorry the sick bug was going around. The pic of cole feeling crummy breaks my heart..poor guy :(