On a total whim, my mom and I took the boys on the ferry into Boston to get them some new crocs and have lunch. The boys have never been on the ferry before and it was a pretty amazing ride. We saw helicopters, airplanes, freighters, a British naval ship, sailboats...we even passed by fire engines that we're conducting training out on Moon Island.
Cole loved every second...screaming "HI!" to passing boats and lots of "WOWS!" Tommy was a bit more hesitant. Preferring to sit on mommy's lap and use his trigger finger to point out interesting things.
We arrived in Boston and browsed the shops at Fanueil Hall...got some snazzy new crocs for the boys, chased a few pigeons and then headed to American Joe's Bar and Grill in the North End for a leisurely lunch.
Tommy colored on everything but his place mat.
Cole was ALL business about the apple juice. I am pretty sure he finished it before his meal even arrived. I think he lives in fear that Tommy is going to swipe whatever he is eating or drinking. "Quick! Down the hatch!"
After lunch we caught the next ferry boat home. This ferry took a longer route which was really scenic...and a bit rocky. Cole loved the movement on the boat and was laughing hysterically. Tommy stood with Nana at the front window pointing out airplanes and boats, until he noticed a woman with a baby. Then off he went to stand near the baby and stare. He LOVES babies.
I don't even think I had pulled out of the parking lot when the boys fell fast asleep.
Tommy
Cole
It was such an easy trip into the city - maybe 35 minutes tops. The ferry pulls right up at the Marriott Long Wharf...which is next to the Aquarium, across the street from Fanueil Hall and adjacent to the North End. It's perfect...and the boys loved every minute. :) Next adventure? The Boston Aquarium!
1 comment:
Love the film clips of the boys! I remember taking those ferry rides a few years ago and they are fun.
Post a Comment