Okay...when Cole decides to do something, he goes for it! He is walking all over the place! Just now, he walked from his toys in the kitchen to the cabinets (pretty far). And when I cheered him on, he stood up and did it again! Tommy is gaining more interest now that Cole is getting attention of course. It's amazing how one day they just acquire a skill.
All the new activity has also created some animosity between the boys. They have been fighting for two days over just about everything. Me...their toys...their "space" in the tub...its crazy! I am contantly playing the role of referee and going in to save someone or removing a toy from the battle field. I used to think that Tommy was the *leader* of the two, but now I'm not too sure. Cole is NOT afraid of Tommy anymore. He is finding some secret satisfaction in making Tommy cry and sitting back and watching. (Payback?)
They do this funny thing with their mouths like they are going to bite each other, but don't actually use their teeth. I wish I had my camera to show you. I know that they say that children at this age really don't know right from wrong, but I'm not too sure about that. They seem to *know* when they are about to go into off-limits territory. Glancing back at their mom to see how I will react.
Example, Cole's new obsession is the trash can. He will go over to it then immediately look at me before opening it. I swoop in and move him into the playroom. Tommy likes the pantry doors. Again, swoop in and move him to the playroom. Rewind that scene and play it back about 20 times over and over and you'll get an idea of my day.
So long story short - we're busy here. Mom stands for short-order cook, maid, 24-hour laundrymat, referee...oops! Gotta run. Another war has broken out in the playroom.
No comments:
Post a Comment