At pick-up, they were so cute. Tommy came out first...looking quite pleased!
He then waited with his face pressed against the glass for Cole. A few times, I had to remind him to step away from the door. He was oblivious to everyone else. He even told a little girl to get out of his line of vision because he "couldn't see his brother". Then...(insert angels playing harps)...Cole arrived. Everyone marvels watching them together. They are like two halves of a whole.
Upon entering the car, the boys found $1.25 each waiting for them on their seats. .25 for the gum ball machines and $1 for something at the dollar store. Our local dollar store is AMAZING and has the coolest stuff. Off we went to find the perfect "first day of school" prize.
First stop? The gum ball machines!
Then? Our big prize for the day? Army guns. *sigh* I know, I know...guns? Little boys? But they are playing army men around the house using guns made from rulers and laundry clips. Its becoming hard to ignore...and hard to avoid. Boys will be boys! It's like denying a girl a kitchen set to play with. It's kind of weird how much feels programmed into our DNA.
The whole ride home they shared stories about their day at school. It was GREAT. It was a moment I've always dreamed of...they made me laugh, they made me proud and I took so many mental snapshots that I hope will never grow dim in my mind. My beautiful boys are in school and loving it.




No comments:
Post a Comment