Today, when the boys woke up from their nap, I packed a bag with toys, sippy cups and lunch and we headed to Cohasset for a nice long walk along the water. For those of you who don't know this already, Cohasset is a picturesque little New England town located right on the water. The homes here are spectacular...and its just such a pretty place to walk. The temperature was close to 80 with a nice breeze - it was gorgeous!
We walked along our favorite street admiring all of the beautiful homes, walked over bridges that crossed rapids and salt water jetties...and ended at the beach for lunch. The boys LOVED it. Tommy talked the whole way. (His new words this week are RaRa and LaLa -- but his FAVORITE is DaDa.) They were kicking their feet and "chatting" with each other. At one point I looked down through the little window to peek on them and they were holding hands! (They held hands like this for nearly 15 minutes.)


The highlight of the day was on our return walk when we encountered this amazing stretch of grass COVERED in American Flags. It was a tribute for Memorial Day...and just so beautiful. We watched them wave in the breeze from across the street...then I decided to just wheel the boys right into the center of all the flags so they could see them up close. They LOVED it! Cole laughed and squealed...Tommy was staring in wonder. It was really cool.



Overall it was just the perfect day. The boys had so much fun on our walk....and so did I!
We walked along our favorite street admiring all of the beautiful homes, walked over bridges that crossed rapids and salt water jetties...and ended at the beach for lunch. The boys LOVED it. Tommy talked the whole way. (His new words this week are RaRa and LaLa -- but his FAVORITE is DaDa.) They were kicking their feet and "chatting" with each other. At one point I looked down through the little window to peek on them and they were holding hands! (They held hands like this for nearly 15 minutes.)


The highlight of the day was on our return walk when we encountered this amazing stretch of grass COVERED in American Flags. It was a tribute for Memorial Day...and just so beautiful. We watched them wave in the breeze from across the street...then I decided to just wheel the boys right into the center of all the flags so they could see them up close. They LOVED it! Cole laughed and squealed...Tommy was staring in wonder. It was really cool.


Overall it was just the perfect day. The boys had so much fun on our walk....and so did I!
No comments:
Post a Comment